Delivered today: a gently used 17″ unibody Macbook Pro I snapped up off eBay. Early review, in no particular order:
- The display is fantastic. Crisp and clear. I hear the newer iMacs are having all sorts of display issues, but this one is good so far, and as it’s right at a year old I don’t anticipate it will be too problematic.
- The aluminum body, while gorgeous, is still delicate. My wristwatch has a stainless steel band, and I may end up taking it off when working with the laptop.
- The multi-touch trackpad is really splendid. Intuitive, quick to learn and easy to use.
- Just discovered the light sensor along the top of the screen – if I lean forward even a little and cast a shadow over the sensor, the screen darkens a bit to adjust. Almost too sensitive.
- Out of habit, I keep going to the Home and End keys, which don’t exist on this keyboard. Hopefully their absence doesn’t drive me too batty.
I’m not finished migrating over just yet, so I may have more quibbles (specifically when I start learning what portions of Adobe CS3 don’t work on Snow Leopard), but so far I’m loving this machine.